Classic Wadi Rum: 1 day Jeep tour and 1 night
Our Classic Wadi Rum Jeep tour takes you through the best and most beautiful areas of Wadi Rum, and while we do not miss the core sites, we still take the time to take you a little way off the beaten track.
So where do we go on this tour?
- Lawrence Spring - Walk up through rocks and boulders to find the water (and a lovely fig tree to rest under). During spring time you are greeted by the heady smell of herbs. The view across the Wadi from here is legendary!
- Khazali Canyon - This canyon was once used by the local Bedouin to rest in the shade, especially in the hot summer. You can easily imagine how it would have looked with Bedouin tents, family's resting, drinking tea, and children playing. You can find on the canyon walls many ancient rock inscriptions(See if you can spot the inscriptions of feet, and the lady giving birth).
- Red Sand Dunes - This area is very beautiful with many differing colour'sof rock and sand. You can climb up the sand dune for the wonderful view at the top. Then we like to jump off it & run down it (some silly people also like to roll down it!).
- Anfishieh Inscriptions - Rock inscriptions on the Anfishieh Jebel from the Thamudic and Nabatean periods.
- Around about now: Lunch - We do not have a fixed time or place for lunch so we will use our instincts and listen to our tummies! However, we will always find a good place to relax and eat lunch, often with a view of the Burdah Arch. During the longer days of the summer, we visit Burrah canyon for lunch where you are free to explore on foot for up to 1.5 hours.
- Burdah Arch - this natural rock bridge is set high up on the mountain. On your tour you will just look at it from a distance… we hope you will have time to stay in Wadi Rum and climb it with us on another day.
- House of Lawrence - a Nabatean structure that Lawrence of Arabia, according to hearsay, wasd used during the Great Arab Revolution to store weapons. But without lingering on the possible academia of this site there is a wonderful view from here.
- Um Frouth Arch - This is a natural rock bridge, created by many years of water and wind. You can climb to the top… as long as you are not afraid of heights!
- Small Sand Dune & “The Chicken” - in a remote corner with a wonderful view across from the red desert to the white desert. This is a good place to relax at the end of your day and just take in the splendour of Wadi Rum. The Chicken Rock is an interesting rock with two legs!
- Return to Camp after sunset: for a well earned dinner, sometimes music and a very special night sky.
1 day jeep tour:
1 person: 70JD
2 -3 people: 40JD per person
4 - 5 people: 35JD per person
6 or more people: 30JD per person
1 night in camp, including lunch, dinner & breakfast:
25JD per person
6 or more people: 20JD per person
1 day jeep tour with lunch:
1 person: 75JD per person
2-3 people: 45JD per person
4 -5 people: 40JD per person
6 or more people: 35JD per person
In a hurry? Return to Rum Village after sunset, the same day in a very special way… Camel by night